Thin Blue Line Decals at FireandRescueDecals.com

Officer shooting in California.

An assailant shot three sheriff's deputies and a bystander in the Sacramento County area, then carjacked two vehicles Friday morning prompting a manhunt as the assailant fled through residential areas.

Fox 40 reports that a female suspect was apprehended. The second suspect, an unidentified male believed to be the shooter, was able to get away and is believed to be holed up in a house on Belmont Drive in the city of Auburn. Authorities are also searching the campus of nearby Placer High School.

Sacramento County Sheriff's spokeswoman Sgt. Lisa Bowman said the deputy was approaching a suspicious vehicle in a parking lot the Arden Way area of Sacramento near a Motel 6 when he was shot before 11 a.m. Friday.

"The person who was inside of the vehicle shot rounds at the officer," she said during a press conference on Friday. "At least one shot was fired at our deputy, striking him at least one time."

She could not say if the deputy shot back. He was taken to UC Davis hospital but Bowman said his condition was not immediately known.

"We're hoping for the best," she said about two hours after the initial shooting.

The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his 30s and Bowman says he is accompanied by a woman. Bowman said he fled to a residential area where he failed at his attempt to carjack a vehicle and shot the driver who would not give up his car. The suspects then made a second attempt and sped off in another carjacked vehicle.

A sheriff's spokeswoman in nearby Placer County says an assailant has shot two sheriff's deputies in Northern California after the first incident.

Placer County sheriff's spokeswoman Dena Erwin tells The Associated Press that two of her department's deputies were shot by the same assailant.

A park ranger reported he saw the suspects changing their clothing in the Carmichael area, a few miles northeast of the site of the initial shooting.

Authorities were seeking a red 2002 Ford F150 extended cab pickup truck with an ice chest in the back.

Please help spread the word and use the buttons below to share this story.

Comments

• edited 24 Oct 2014
    Sad news to pass on to the The Thin Blue Line Community that Deputy Danny Oliver of the Sacramento Sheriff's Office has passed away due to his injury from the shooting this morning. RIP Deputy Danny Oliver Update: One of the two Placier County Sheriff's Deputies has also passed away from his injuries as well. Name has not been released yet. Both Suspects are in custody.
  • @coco_esu ~ thanks for the update!! I am originally from Sac, so I came to read the article to see if they gave any names. Had to see if I knew any of the officers. Strength & healing Karma to family & friends of all the victims. RIP Brother Oliver & the Placer Co. Deputy, EOW ~ we'll take it from here. :(
  • edited 24 Oct 2014
    May these heroic Deputies Rest In Peace,and may the other wounded deputy have a full recovery. I express my sincere condolences to their families and fellow Deputies as they struggle to get through this tragic time. God Bless and God Speed.

For all the heroic officers and CO's who bravely wear the shield each day, "Please be careful out there !!"

Respectfully
    Dis. Ret. PO Bob Stark. Albany NY PD
    Bob843@sccoast.net