Thin Blue Line Decals at FireandRescueDecals.com

Off Duty Run-ins with newly released Convicts

I often wonder how many LEO's get threatened when they are off duty by people whom have been arrested by them in the past? It has happened to me a few times and again today. Today was different though because my wife was with me. Naturally it effected her differently than it did me. We become somewhat hardened whereas our spuoses are more niave to the world than we are. So, how many incidents occur Off-Duty?

Comments

• edited 16 May 2013
    I had a run in at a bar with a guy that was arrested for hiring a prostitute, the arrest involved a vehicle chase and him fighting with several officers. I was the undercover prostitute, lol. I dont know if he recognized me but I stayed away and tried to stay out of his field of view and left shortly after seeing him. It does effect us differently than it does our family or friends, they worry more.
  • edited 16 May 2013
    Was in California vacationing from Arizona, and decided to take a nightime fishing trip. There was about 20 other people on the boat including a group of guys celebrating a wedding. I noticed that one of those guys in the group kept staring at me, and then others from the group start looking at me too. As the boat came to its fishing spot, I went to the live well to get some bait, the guy that had been staring at me, came to the well at the same time and ask me if I was from Phoenix. I quickly inventoried what I was wearing, and I was wearing nothing that would identify me with Arizona. I said why? And he responded does this sound familiar ........"don't take your foot off the brake, put the car in park as you were knocking on my car window because I had passed out from being drunk 3 years ago". I said yes I do remember you, with reluctance because I was going to be on this boat in the middle of the ocean for 4 hours with him and his friends. He stuck his hand out to shake my hand and said thank you for stopping me from killing someone that night, I had a drinking problem and haven't drank since.

The rest of that fishing trip was awesome, we caught lots of fish and we all had a good time that evening. He and his friends were really nice guys. I was even invited to the wedding and a future fishing trip.......Didn't go, but it was nice to be invited.